Making your lunch is so much better for your health and pocket book. In Toronto people can spend up to $15 per day on their lunch which equals $3780 per year, just on lunch. Whereas a brown bag lunch costs $3 per day.
You can also save a ton of calories by planning ahead and packing your lunch.
The only problem is that this takes time to plan, make and sometimes we get bored of the same old options. I want to share with you my all time favourite healthy, vegan kale salad. This is my go to salad, it’s easy to make and tastes so delicious! Plus it’s only 265 calories yet keeps me full all day long! What’s not to love? This is also super easy and quick to make so it gets you out of the kitchen fast and on to doing what you love.
So here it is, enjoy!
- 1 c. Kale
- 1/4 Cucumber
- 6 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c. Sweet potato
- 1/4 Avocado
- Optional: chickpeas, chicken, hard boiled egg, sauerkraut
- 1 Tbsp. Tahini
- 2 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado oil
- 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. Water
1. Make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a mason jar and shake it up. Taste and determine if you need more of anything. I usually just eyeball this until it’s a consistency I like and tastes good to me.
2. Put kale in your Tupperware and sprinkle on some dressing. Massage the dressing into the kale with fingers. This will soften the kale and make it easier to digest and taste better.
3. Add the ingredients on top.
4. Close Tupperware and put in fridge for the next day’s lunch.